- Juice of 6 lemons
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 C. sugar
- 2 bottles of red or white wine, chilled
- 4 C. soda water, chilled
- Fruit to float
- Combine lemon juice, orange juice, and sugar in a small pitcher
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved
- Let the mixture stand at room temperature for at least 4 hours, then chill in the refrigerator overnight
- When ready to serve, combine ½ of the mixture with one bottle of wine and 2 C. of soda
- Float fruit on top, your choice (orange slices, lemon slices, or strawberries)
Tips and Tricks:
- I like my Sangria over ice, but everything in this recipe is chilled, so it is not necessary.
- I have tried this recipe with both red and white wine. It is important to use a full bodied wine like a Merlot or a Chardonnay. I made this with a Pinot Grigio and it wasn’t heavy enough to stand up to the fruit.
- I made this with a ½ C. sugar and 12 packets of Splenda to cut down on the sugar.