What a beautiful salad for a nice Spring meal. I bought what looked fresh and pretty on the day I made it. The balsamic vinaigrette recipe follows this one. It is easy to make and so good with this salad.
|I used yellow cherry tomatoes and blackberries this meal.|
- Baby Greens
- 3 lbs. of fresh jumbo shrimp
- 1 T. Tony Chachere Creole Seasoning
- ½ of a Vidalia onion
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint of blackberries or raspberries
- 6 boiled eggs
- 8 oz. of crumbled feta cheese
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Boil eggs, then peel and cut them into circles with an egg slicer
- Rinse the berries
- Cut the onion into thinly sliced semi-circles
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves
- Grill the shrimp, that have been seasoned with Creole Seasoning, for about 2 - 3 minutes on each side on medium-high heat in a grill pan
- Toss the greens, tomatoes, onions, and berries with about ¾ C. of dressing
- Divide evenly to six plates
- Top each with sprinkles of cheese, 1 egg, and 5 – 6 shrimp
- Serve the vinaigrette on the table for those who like additional dressing
Tips and Tricks:
- Boiling eggs that peel easy is tricky. Click on my link in the ingredients list to see MY tricks.
- This salad can be made with any lettuce, but the baby greens have a great flavor with the vinaigrette and berries.
- My balsamic vinaigrette recipe is attached through a link. Click on the balsamic vinaigrette link in the ingredients list.