- 6 C. watermelon, cut into bite size cubes
- 2 pts. Sunburst tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 small red onion, quartered and sliced thin
- ½ t. black pepper, fresh cracked
- ¼ C. red wine or apple cider vinegar
- ½ C. olive oil
- ¼ lb. (4 oz.) feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine the watermelon and tomatoes in a large bowl; sprinkle with sugar and salt and toss. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Drain the excess juice; add the onions, pepper, vinegar and oil and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours; sprinkle the feta into the bowl before serving.
Tips and Tricks:
- If you can’t get the Sunburst tomatoes, you can use Roma tomatoes cut into cubes. The yellow tomatoes give the salad a great color contrast, but it is not necessary.
- The seeds in a Roma tomato are sometimes bitter; I usually squeeze the tomato and remove the seeds, before cutting them for this salad.