This is a great fruit pie recipe. You can make it with any berry, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, or even a mixture of all. It is a combination of the recipe that I got off the side of the pie crust box and one I found online.
- 1 (9 in.) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 1/3 C. sugar
- 2 T. quick-cooking tapioca
- ¼ C. cornstarch
- 5 C. fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 T. butter
- 2 T. milk
- 2 t. sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll the pie crust into a 9 inch pie plate and gently press the crust into place around the pie plate.
- Combine the sugar, tapioca, cornstarch, and raspberries together in a large bowl. Allow the berry mixture to rest for 15 minutes.
- Place the berries in the pie crust and dot with butter. Cover the pie with the other crust. Seal the edges carefully.
- Cut four slits into the crust and then brush with the milk and sprinkle the sugar over the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown and filling is bubbly. (If the edges of the pie start to get too brown cover them with foil.)
- Remove and allow to cool for at least 2 hours before serving.
Tips and Tricks:
- I use Pillsbury Pie Crust, which can be found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store, usually by the can biscuits.
- I serve this pie with vanilla ice cream. Pie a la Mode!