This recipe was given to me by my co-worker, Jeff's wife, Mary Beth. She made it for a shower and after one bite I had to have the recipe to make it for myself. I made it for a birthday party and I had 3 people ask me for the recipe. It's THAT kind of recipe. ; )
- 2 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 C. Asaigo cheese, shredded
- 2 T. butter, softened
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- ¼ lb. Genoa or hard salami, sliced thin and finely chopped
- ¼ lb. ham or mortadella,sliced thin and finely chopped
- 1 C. olive salad mix, drained
- Combine the cream cheese, Asaigo cheese, butter and cayenne pepper in a food processor until well combined and soft.
- To make the torte, line a container that holds at least 3 C. with foil or plastic wrap. Spray with cooking spray and then add the drained olive salad (just use enough to make a thin layer).
- Using a greased spatula, spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture in a layer on top of the olive salad, add the ham layer, spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture, add the salami layer and then the last 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover the container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- When you are ready to serve, place the container on the serving dish and invert. Carefully peel away the plastic wrap or foil.
- Serve with crackers.
Tips and Tricks:
- I chop the salami and ham in the food processor.
- I serve this with Wheat Thins. They are sturdy enough to cut thorough the torte, so you don’t need to use a knife for spreading.
- I use the Rouses or Boscoli brand olive salad mix.