- 1 (10 oz.) box plain quick-cooking couscous
- 2 C. water
- 1 T. olive oil
- ½ C. Kalamata olives, pitted, cut in half
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini or cucumber cut into ¼’s and thinly sliced
- ½ C. feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced or ½ of a small red onion, chopped
- ¼ C. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ C. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 t. Cavender’s Greek seasoning
- 1 t. garlic salt
- ½ t. black pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, combine water and 1 T olive oil over high heat until boiling.
- Add couscous and stir until water begins to boil again, cut the heat and cover. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine the last six ingredients in a small bowl to make the dressing.
- Fluff the couscous in a large bowl with a cover.
- Add the olives, tomatoes, zucchini or cucumbers, cheese, and onions, toss with couscous.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight and serve.
Tips and Tricks:
- When cutting the Roma tomatoes, cut the tomato into ¼’s and slightly squeeze until the seeds are removed. (you may need to run your finger underneath the center vein to release the seeds)