These party nuts are the perfect combination of spicy, sweet, and salty. It is a great addition to cocktail hour or even just a special afternoon treat!
- 1 C. pecan halves
- 1 C. whole cashews
- 1 C. walnut halves
- 1 C. almonds
- ¼ t. ground cumin
- ¼ t. ground cinnamon
- ¼ t. garlic powder
- ¼ t. onion powder
- ¼ t. black pepper
- ½ t. chili powder
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- ½ C. white sugar
- ¼ C. water
- ¼ C. (1/2 stick) butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Place all of the nuts in a big bowl and sprinkle all of the spices over the nuts.
- In a sauce pan, combine the sugar, water and butter over medium heat. When the mixture comes to a boil, cook for one minute and the remove from the heat.
- Pour the mixture over the nuts and stir well.
- Pour the nuts onto the cookie sheet and spread them out into a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then remove and stir the nuts until all are covered with the syrup.
- Return to the oven and bake for 6 minutes and then remove and allow to cool before serving.
Tips and Tricks:
- You can use any type of nuts you like. I buy the can of mixed nuts and use it.