- 5 lb. bag of red potatoes
- 3 T. concentrated liquid crab boil
- 10 boiled eggs
- ½ C. olive juice
- 1 (16oz.) jar of green olives with pimentos
- ½ T. kosher salt
- ½ T. Tony Chachere Creole Seasoning
- ¾ C. mayonnaise
- 2 T. yellow mustard
- Boil potatoes with crab boil for 20 minutes on a rolling boil
- While the potatoes are boiling, boil the eggs
- Drain potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl
- Cut eggs into eighths and add to the mixing bowl
- Sprinkle salt and Tony’s on the eggs and potatoes
- Give the green olives a rough chop
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayo, olive juice, mustard, and the chopped olives
- Combine the wet ingredients with the eggs and potatoes
- Refrigerate overnight
Tips and Tricks:
- Do not use russet potatoes for this recipe. You really need the texture of the red potatoes.
- I like to add about ¼ C. of chopped chives. I LOVE chives with potatoes. Many people don’t, so that’s why I don’t include them when I am making this for a big group.
- Boiling eggs that peel easy is a trick. Click on my link in the ingredients list to find out MY tricks.