This is a Sunny Anderson recipe. Easy and delicious. It makes a nice side dish.
· 2 lbs. of fresh asparagus
· 1 lemon, zested and juiced
· ¼ C. balsamic vinegar
· 1 T. sugar
· 2 T. olive oil
· 1 t. kosher salt
· ½ t. black pepper
1. Prepare asparagus by snapping each one until the tough end snaps off
2. In a small simmering pot, place sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vinegar over medium-low heat and allow to cook until it turns syrupy, about 10 minutes
3. In a grilling pan, grill the asparagus, that has been tossed with the olive oil, about 10 minutes on medium-high heat, flip the asparagus and continue to grill until they start to brown
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
5. Drizzle the sauce over the asparagus and serve
Tips and Tricks:
· You can steam the asparagus and serve with the same sauce. It is good both ways.
· Sam’s sells a 2 lb. bag of fresh asparagus that works great for this recipe.