- 3 lb. bag of new potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 large Vidalia onions, sliced into thin semi-circles
- ½ stick of butter
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 T. kosher salt
- ½ T. black pepper
- 2 T. fresh (finely chopped) or dried parsley
- Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender, about 20 minutes
- While potatoes are boiling, cook onions in oil on low until limp
- Turn up the heat and slightly brown the onions
- Drain the potatoes, then add the butter, salt, pepper, grilled onions, and parsley
Tips and Tricks:
- When we have leftovers of these potatoes, I use them to make an omelet. Simply reheat in a skillet and pour scrambled eggs over the warmed potatoes and onions. Yum!
- Sometimes I use chives instead of parsley; it really just needs some herbs to brighten it up.
Post a Comment