Mint infused simple syrup:
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 C. water
- Rocks glass filled with ice
- 2 oz. bourbon
- 2 oz. mint infused simple syrup
- Splash of club soda
- Heat the water and sugar until it comes to a boil
- Mix well and turn off the heat
- Add the mint and cover
- Let the mixture steep for at least 1 hour
- Pour the bourbon over the ice
- Add the mint infused simple syrup and then club soda
- Mix with a stirrer and garish with a sprig of mint
Tips and Tricks:
- Growing mint is super easy. I bought 2 mint plants at Home Depot and planted them in a pot. They are on my porch and growing like crazy.
- Simple syrup is simple to make.
- I’ve made these with Crown Royal which is not bourbon, but a whiskey. It tastes good with either.
Post a Comment