- 6 eggs
- ¼ C. sour cream
- 1 small Vidalia onion, sliced thin
- ¾ C. hash brown potatoes
- 2 T. butter
- 1 t. kosher salt
- ½ t. black pepper
- Chopped jalapeños
- Heat a heavy bottomed skillet to medium heat
- Cook the onions in the butter until soft
- Add the hash brown potatoes
- Cook both until they start to brown
- Scramble the eggs with the sour cream, salt , and pepper
- Pour the eggs over the onions and potatoes
- Cook until the eggs are set
- Serve with chopped jalapeños on top and salsa on the side
Tips and Tricks:
- I buy the hash brown potatoes in the freezer section. They are cut into small square pieces.
- If you have an immersion blender, use it to scramble the eggs. It adds a lot of air into eggs and they cook light and fluffy.
- I use light sour cream.