- ½ stick of butter
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb. of ground chuck
- ¼ C. lemon juice
- ¼ C. red wine
- 1 can of consommé
- 1 can of water
- 1 T. Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- 1 C. sour cream
- 1 (12 oz.) bag of extra broad egg noodles minus 1 C.
- Sauté the onions in the butter over medium heat until soft
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute
- Add the ground chuck and cook until brown
- Add the lemon juice, wine, consommé, water, and Creole Seasoning
- Cook for 15 minutes
- Stir in the uncooked noodles and cover
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender and most of the liquid is incorporated
- Stir in the sour cream and heat through, but DO NOT BOIL
- Serve with sprinkled chives
Tips and Tricks:
- I use light sour cream.
- Use a red wine that you like to drink for this recipe. You only use a little bit in the recipe, but you can drink the rest with the meal.
- This recipe is rich, so a steamed veggie is a great side dish.