- 3 large sweet onions
- ¼ C. olive oil
- ¼ C. balsamic vinegar
- ½ t. sugar
- 1 t. kosher salt
- ¼ t. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice onions in half and then into ¼ inch slices.
- Toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour into a cookie sheet in a single layer and bake for 1 hour or until caramelized.
- Leave oven on.
- balsamic onions
- ½ C. mayonnaise
- ½ C. Parmesan Romano cheese, grated
- 1 (4 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- Using a kitchen scissors, cut the onions into small bite size pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients and place in a baking dish.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Serve with bagel chips or slices of baguette.
Tips and Tricks:
- A mandolin is a great tool to slice the onions.
- Line the cookie sheets with foil! Those suckers like to stick in every little nook on the pan. Clean up is MUCH easier if you just have to peel the foil away.
Post a Comment