- 1 small sweet or red onion, finely chopped
- 2 T. butter
- ½ C. mayonnaise
- 1 (8 oz.) sour cream
- 1 t. Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- 1/8 t. cayenne pepper
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ T. sugar
- Sauté the onions in butter over low heat, until caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a bowl with a cover.
- Allow the onions to cool, and then fold into the dip.
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least 3 hours), so the flavors can “marry”!
Tips and Tricks:
- I use light sour cream.
- I serve this dip with Ruffles.