- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 1 lb. hot sausage, casing removed
- 2 packs of Lipton Onion Soup
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ C. water
- ½ T. Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- Combine the hamburger ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix by hand, but don’t over work the meat.
- Form 6 hamburger patties.
- If you are grilling, place the patties on a cookie sheet and place them in the freezer until you are ready to place them on the grill, so they firm up.
- If you are cooking inside, place the hamburgers in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook for 4 minutes per side or until the outside has a dark brown color.
- Serve hot on buns with cheese, lettuce tomatoes, and condiments.
Tips and Tricks:
- These freeze great. I usually double the recipe and place the leftover patties in the freezer for another meal.
- I buy the hot sausage that is made fresh at the grocery, but you can also use Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage if you can't find the fresh made kind.
- I like to serve these with the Balsamic Onions. Follow my link to find out how I make mine.