- 1 box chopped spinach, frozen
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ C (½ stick) butter
- ½ C. mayonnaise
- 1 C. (8oz.) sour cream
- 1 envelope Knorr or Lipton vegetable soup mix
- Cook spinach as directed on box and drain.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the spinach and dry with paper towels.
- Sauté onions in butter over medium-low heat until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Chop the water chestnuts into small pieces.
- Add each of the ingredients to a medium bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Tips and Tricks:
- I like the Restaurant style Tostitos tortilla chips with this dip.
- I use an egg slicer to chop the water chestnuts into thinner slices.
- I use light sour cream.