- 1 C. mayonnaise
- ¼ C. milk or half and half
- ¼ C. red wine or balsamic vinegar
- ½ t. of sugar
- 1 envelope of Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix
- 1 lb. Italian blend salad mix or romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 (5 oz.) jar of small stuffed green olives
- 2 oz. pepperoni slices, cut in half
- 1 (12 oz.) jar of sweet pepper rings, cut in pieces
- 1 C. Italian blend cheese, shredded
- Make the dressing combining all of the ingredients by whisking until fully incorporated.
- When you are ready to serve the salad, combine the salad ingredients and pour ¾ C. of the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks:
- I use an immersion blender to incorporate the dressing ingredients. It works better and faster than whisking.
- You can use any lettuce you like for this salad but I have tried it with iceberg and I don’t think it tasted as good.
- If you can't find Italian blend cheese, just use 3/4 C. mozzarella and 1/4 C. Romano or Parmesan.