- 2 lbs. white chocolate
- 12 candy canes, cracked into ¼ inch pieces or smaller
- 2 t. peppermint extract
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper
- Place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute
- Stir chocolate and continue to heat in 30 second intervals until all of the chocolate is melted
- Add the peppermint extract and stir well
- Spread the chocolate onto the cookie sheet, then sprinkle with the crushed candy canes
- Press the candy canes into the chocolate with your hands
- Put the cookie sheet in the refrigerator and allow the chocolate to set, 45 minutes
- Remove from the refrigerator and crack the bark into pieces
Tips and Tricks:
- To crack the candy canes, I put them in a Ziploc bag and roll a rolling pin over them.
- The larger pieces of candy cane look pretty in the bark, but maybe difficult for some to bite through. Keep the pieces in small slivers for eating enjoyment.
- I remade these and used 1 lb. of semi-sweet chocolate and 1 lb. of white chocolate. Put the semi-sweet chocolate first, let it get firm, then pour the white chocolate on top.
Post a Comment