- 2 lbs. of Fresh Shrimp
- 1 orange (cut in fourths)
- 1 lemon (cut in half)
- 1 onion (cut in half)
- 1 head of garlic (cut in half)
- 2 T. concentrated Liquid Shrimp and Crab boil
- 2 T. salt
- In a large pot, put water, lemon, orange, onion, garlic, and crab boil (NO SALT)
- Bring to a boil, then add shrimp
- Bring to a boil again and cook for 2 minutes
- Turn off the heat
- Add salt and let the shrimp bathe in the salt water for 5 minutes
- Strain and eat
Tips and Tricks:
- My Dad swears that the reason his shrimp would always peel easily is because he put the salt in AFTER the boiling. It works.
- This recipe can be altered for more or less pounds of shrimp, but be careful with the crab boil. I like my seafood spicy and use a tablespoon for each pound. This is NOT what the label recommends.
- If you want potatoes and corn, just fish the shrimp out of the water and use the same water for a quick one pot meal.