- 2 lbs. of coleslaw mix (green and purple cabbage and carrots)
- 1 bunch of green onions, finely chopped
- 2 packs of chicken flavored ramen noodles
- ½ C. of sliced almonds
- 1 C. of sunflower seed kernels
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 1/3 C. rice vinegar
- ¼ C. vegetable oil
- ½ C. dark brown sugar
- 1 t. black pepper
- Place coleslaw mix, green onions, and sunflower seed kernels in a large bowl
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and toast the sliced almonds until lightly brown, then add to the bowl
- Add the crushed ramen noodles to the bowl (see tips and tricks for my hint)
- Whisk all the other ingredients together in a separate bowl, including the flavor packets from the ramen noodles
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well
Tips and Tricks:
- To crush the ramen noodles, place in a Ziploc bag and roll a rolling pin over the noodles until they are in bite size pieces. If you don’t have a rolling pin, use a mallet or even a coffee mug to crush the noodles.
- Don’t be tempted to add SALT. The flavor packets from the ramen noodles are full of salt and extra salt is NOT necessary.
- Sesame oil can be found on the international aisle of the grocery store. It spoils quickly and you won’t be using much, so keep in the refrigerator to extend the life of the oil.
I want to try this one!!ReplyDelete