- 1 whole chicken
- 2 onions, cut in ½
- 1 head of garlic, cut in ½
- 4 celery stalks, cut in ¼
- 1 T. Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- 16 C. cool water
- Place everything in a stock pot
- Boil on medium heat for 2 hours
- Cut heat and allow to cool with cover on for 1 hour
- Strain and now you have stock
Tips and Tricks:
- I buy a rotisserie chicken and cut the breast meat off to make chicken salad. I use the rest of the bird in the place of a whole raw chicken. This stock still tastes great.
- I freeze this stock, but it can be used out of the refrigerator for about 2 weeks.