- 4 Hass avocados
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 t. kosher salt
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ C. sour cream
- ½ C. salsa
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat
- Cut the avocados in half and scoop out the avocado with a spoon
- Place the avocado in a medium bowl and add the lemon juice
- Toss with a large spoon
- Add the salt, cayenne, green onion, and garlic
- Use a knife to cut through the avocado forming large chunks, then use a fork to mash some of the avocado to create a smooth consistency with some larger chunks
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and salsa until all are well incorporated
- Gently fold in the crabmeat, then fold in the avocados
- Refrigerate for several hours to allow all the flavors to “marry”
Tips and Tricks:
- I serve this with tortilla chips.
- The lemon is what keeps the avocado from turning brown. I have another trick to keep the avocados looking nice and green. Place a sheet of plastic wrap DIRECTLY over the dip, then cover the container with its cover.
- I use light sour cream and 1/3 less fat cream cheese.
It was delicious!!! I can't wait until you make more. xoReplyDelete