- 6 chicken tenders
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 C. all-purpose flour
- 2 T. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- 1 t. paprika
- 1 ½ C. panko bread crumbs
- 1 C. canola or vegetable oil (for frying)
- Preheat canola or vegetable oil to 350 degrees or until a little sprinkle of flour fizzles in the oil
- Use 3 shallow bowls, combine the flour, sugar, salt, Creole Seasoning, and paprika in the first one, beat the eggs in the second, and put the panko in the last
- Using tongs, dredge the chicken through the flour mixture, then the eggs, and finally the panko
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side
- Remove and allow the tenders to drain on a paper towel lined plate
- Serve immediately
Tips and Tricks:
- I serve this with Honey Mustard or Pepper Jelly Sauce. Follow my links for each recipe.
- You can also use this recipe for nuggets. Simply cut the tenders into inch long pieces. Nuggets will only need about 4 minutes total to cook.
- The confectioners’ sugar is the SECRET ingredient for this recipe. You won’t taste that it is there, but you’ll miss it if you leave it out.
Post a Comment