She left out the breadcrumbs and they ARE necessary. I used Panko.
- 1 ½ lbs. shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- ½ C. onions, finely chopped
- ¼ C. red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ C. celery, finely chopped
- ¼ C. green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ C. parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ t. cayenne pepper
- ½ t. kosher salt
- ½ T. Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning, plus 1 t.
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 C. Panko bread crumbs
- ½ C. all-purpose flour
- 1 C. vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 hamburger buns
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato, cut into slices
- Homemade Tartar Sauce
- In a bowl with a cover, combine the shrimp, onions, bell peppers, and celery with the beaten egg
- Add the Tony’s, salt, cayenne, green onions, parsley, and baking powder and mix well
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and add the Panko
- Form into 4 patties
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and the 1 t. of Tony’s
- Add the vegetable oil to a large skillet and place the skillet over medium heat
- Dredge each patty on both sides through the flour mixture, then add to the skillet
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side
- Drain each on paper towels
- Serve each burger on a bun with Homemade Tartar Sauce, lettuce, and tomato
Tips and Tricks:
- Make the Homemade Tartar Sauce first, the night before is best. Don’t skip this! The Shrimp Burgers are so good with this Tartar Sauce.
- Sometimes, I use a 1 lb. container of Creole seasoning from the produce section to speed up this recipe. Creole seasoning generally has onions, green peppers, celery, garlic, green onions, and parsley. The 1 lb. container is about 2 C.