I am a Southern lady and I have made deviled eggs many times, but this was my first attempt at making deviled ham and I am SO glad that I did. I had deviled ham, pimento cheese, and deviled eggs as an appetizer at High Hat Restaurant recently. I was determined to make my own. This is combination of recipes. I hope you enjoy.
- 1 lb. ham, cut into slices or cubes
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ½ C. mayonnaise
- ½ C. green onion, finely chopped
- 2 T. honey
- 2 T. sweet relish
- 2 T. Crystal hot sauce
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1 T. Creole mustard
- 1 T. paprika
- ½ T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t. salt
- ¼ t. cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and well incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, once or twice while processing.
- Place the deviled ham in a bowl and cover.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least for 4 hours, before serving with assorted crackers or thinly sliced pieces of a baguette.
Tips and Tricks:
- Leftover ham is great for this recipe, but if not use a ham steak, it works the best.
- The honey is the secret ingredient for this recipe. You may be tempted to leave it out, but you will be sorry if you do.