- 2 lbs. fresh grouper fillets
- 2 T. lemon juice (juice of one lemon)
- ½ T. kosher salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- ¼ C. mayonnaise
- ½ C. Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ C. (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 T. Crystal hot sauce
- 2 T. fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Cover a baking dish or cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the grouper fillets on the sheet and squeeze the lemon juice over the fillets. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Broil for 4 – 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets (they should begin to flake with the pressure of a fork).
- Combine the remaining ingredients together and reserve.
- Remove from the broiler and spread the cheese mixture over the fillets and return to the broiler for 1 minute or until brown and bubbly.
- Remove and serve hot.
Tips and Tricks:
- A 1 inch fillet is the perfect thickness for this recipe. If your fillets are thicker (mine were), you may need to allow them to cook longer.
- Any fresh herb will work with this recipe. Dill gives the fish a nice fresh flavor.