- ½ lb. (8 oz.) Velveeta, cut into cubes
- 1 C. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into slices
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 C. walnuts, chopped
- 2 lbs. powdered sugar, plus ¾ C. for rolling the truffles
- ½ C. Cocoa powder
- Boil water in a double boiler and then add the butter and cheese to melt.
- Stir until all of the cheese and butter are incorporated together and then add the vanilla and nuts.
- In a large bowl, sift the Cocoa powder and powdered sugar together.
- Pour the butter, cheese, and vanilla into the sugar and Cocoa and mix with a spatula.
- If necessary, mix with clean hands, make sure all of the powdered sugar is incorporated.
- While the mixture is still warm, scoop into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator for 1 hour and then roll each in powdered sugar, shake off the excess and serve at room temperature.
Tips and Tricks:
- You can use any kind of chopped nuts you like.
- If you don’t have a double boiler you can create one by placing a metal or glass bowl over a pot of boiling water.