- 4 large baked potatoes
- ½ C. half and half or evaporated milk
- 2 C. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ C. sour cream
- ¾ C. green onions, finely chopped
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ C. (½ stick) butter, plus 1 T. to grease the casserole dish
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- 1 egg, scrambled
- Fresh chives
- Peel and coarsely mash the baked potatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cream, 1 C. of the cheese, sour cream, green onions, bacon, butter, salt, and Creole seasoning.
- Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated and then add the scrambled egg.
- Grease a casserole dish with 1 T. butter and then transfer the potato mixture to the casserole dish.
- Cover with the remaining 1 C. of Cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve hot.
Tips and Tricks:
- The best way to bake potatoes is without foil in a 450 degree oven. Depending on size, they usually take about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- I’ve tried making this recipe with Colby, mild Cheddar, and sharp Cheddar cheese. Sharp Cheddar is my favorite, but use what you like.
- I like to add chives when serving. Chives are NOT green onions. They are milder and thinner than green onions. Chop the green onions to cook IN the casserole and the chives to serve ON the casserole. You can find them by the fresh herbs in the produce section.
Post a Comment