- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 1 C. onions, finely chopped
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can Mexican Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small can of green chilies
- 1 can of sliced black olives
- 1 pack of taco seasoning
- 1 pack of Ranch seasoning
- 2 C. of beef stock
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown ground chuck and then drain.
- Heat olive oil over medium-low heat and sauté onions until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add all the cans of vegetables, including the water in the cans and the ground chuck.
- Stir well and add the taco and Ranch seasoning, and then the beef stock.
- Cook for 1 hour on medium-low heat.
- Serve hot.
Tips and Tricks:
- Don’t have beef stock? Just use 2 C. of boiling water and dissolve 2 beef bouillon cubes in the water.
- After the ground meat is browned and the onions are sautéed, you can add everything to a slow cooker and cook this on a low setting for about 6 hours instead of cooking on the stove.
- Tortilla chips, sour cream, grated cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, or sliced jalapeños can all be used when serving this soup. Add what you like.
- This freezes great!