- 4 Hass avocados
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 t. kosher salt
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- ½ C. of finely chopped red onion
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ C. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and cut into small pieces
- Cut the avocados in half and scoop out the avocado with a spoon
- Place the avocado in a large bowl and add the lemon juice
- Toss with a large spoon
- Add the salt, cayenne, red onion, garlic, and cilantro
- Use a knife to cut through the avocado forming large chunks
- Next add the tomatoes and stir all ingredients together until the consistency you like
- Can be served immediately or can be refrigerated for serving later
Tips and Tricks:
- I serve this with salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips.
- The lemon is what keeps the avocado from turning brown. Some people use lime juice instead, but limes can have a bit of a metallic taste sometimes.
- Some people are not cilantro fans. I LOVE cilantro and I think it brightens this guacamole, but it is good without the cilantro. It is great WITH it.