- 2 lbs. boiled shrimp, chopped
- ½ C. red onion, finely chopped
- 1 C. celery, finely chopped
- ¼ C. dill, finely chopped
- 1 C. mayonnaise
- ½ T. Dijon mustard
- 1 T. white wine vinegar or white wine
- 1 t. Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- 1 t. kosher salt
- ½ t. black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, onions, celery, and dill.
- In a small bowl, combine all other ingredients until well incorporated.
- Pour the small bowl into the medium bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but best overnight.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce or with crackers.
Tips and Tricks:
- This is great to make when you have some leftover boiled shrimp.
- I use apple cider vinegar, if I don’t have white wine vinegar or white wine.
- Sometimes I add 3 or 4 boiled eggs to this recipe, also.
Ellen, this reminds me of my Aunt Ellen's shrimp dip but she adds hard boiled eggs and green onions. She doesn't use dill and no vinegar but they are very similar!! Anthony laughed and said they are not similar at all.ReplyDelete
Yeah, I like it with the hard boiled eggs, but some people do not. My Mom always made shrimp salad with eggs, too.ReplyDelete