- 1 T. kosher salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 4 lb. boneless Boston Butt Roast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t. ginger powder
- 1 T. Sriracha, Hot Chili Sauce
- ½ C. bourbon
- ¼ C. soy sauce
- ½ C. apple cider vinegar
- ½ C. water
- 3 T. corn starch
- Rinse the Boston butt in cold water and dry with paper towels.
- Heat the oil over a medium-high heat in a Dutch oven.
- Season the meat well with the salt and pepper.
- Sear the meat on all sides in the Dutch oven, about 5 minutes per side.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, Sriracha, bourbon, soy sauce, and vinegar to the Crock Pot.
- Place the Boston Butt on top and cook on low heat for 10 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Remove the roast from the Crock Pot and place it on a platter, cover with foil.
- Using a ladle, remove 3 C. of the cooking liquid to a sauce pan.
- Combine the water and cornstarch and add to the pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes for until thick and bubbly.
- Serve the roast with Jasmine rice and gravy.
Tips and Tricks:
- Do not open the Crock Pot for the first 8 hours or 4 hours.
- Add water to corn starch, NOT corn starch to water. It makes a difference. Whisking helps also, you don’t want lumps.