- 1 box of Jiffy Cornbread mix
- 1 C. frozen corn
- ½ C. sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 C. Mexican cheese or Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 C. of jalapeño peppers, pickled
- 1 can of Rotel tomatoes, drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place the last three ingredients into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped
- Combine all of the ingredients until well incorporated
- Pour into 9” x 9” cast iron skillet or stoneware baking pan and bake for 40 minutes
Tips and Tricks:
- I use light sour cream for this recipe.
- Jiffy Cornbread has a sweetness that we LOVE. You can use other cornbread mixes, but this is our favorite.
- I serve this with Chili.