- 4 C. elbow macaroni, cooked
- ½ lb. Velveeta cheese, cut into squares
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- ½ C. sour cream
- 4 T. butter, cut into small squares
- 1 C. evaporated milk
- ½ T. Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- 1 C. finely grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook the macaroni as directed on the package and drain
- In a large bowl, combine all of the following ingredients, except the Cheddar cheese
- Add the macaroni and mix well
- Transfer the mixture into a baking dish
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese
- Let the casserole cool for 10 minutes before serving
Tips and Tricks:
- Don’t be tempted to cook the macaroni, al dente. The macaroni should be fully cooked before mixing in the other ingredients.
- 2 C. of uncooked macaroni will yield 4 C. of cooked macaroni.
- If you are making this for a special occasion, you can prepare this ahead of time, but wait to bake it the day it is to be served.
Oohw yeah... Creamy cheesy delicious looking M n C. That's what I'm talkin' about!ReplyDelete