- 2 chicken breasts bone-in skin on
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can of water chestnuts, chopped
- ¼ C. sour cream
- ¼ C. mayonnaise
- 1 T. Creole mustard
- 1 t. chopped dill
- 1 t. garlic salt
- 1 t. Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Rub chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place chicken breasts skin side up on a sheet pan and bake for 35 minutes
- After the breast meat is cooled, cut into large chunks
- Mix all ingredients together
- Refrigerate so the flavors can “marry”
Tips and Tricks:
- I use a rotisserie chicken’s breast when making this chicken salad sometimes. I put the rest of the chicken in a big pot and make Chicken Stock. Follow my link to find out how I make mine.
- I usually cut green onions with kitchen shears. It’s easier to cut them.
- I cut the sliced water chestnuts with the egg slicer.
- I have added sliced almonds to this recipe sometimes. It looks nice, but it doesn’t change the taste of the chicken salad much.