- 1 pint of strawberries
- 1 pint of blackberries
- 1 pint of raspberries
- 1 pint of blueberries
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ C. sugar
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- ½ box of powdered sugar
- ½ C. Coconut Rum (more or less)
- Rinse all the berries well and let drain
- Cut strawberries into halves or fourths, depending on size
- Mix all berries together
- Mix vinegar and sugar in a separate bowl and pour over the berries
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- While the berries are cooling, beat cream cheese with a blender until smooth
- Add powdered sugar gradually
- Add rum until the desired consistency you like
Tips and Tricks:
- I know you might think, vinegar with berries GROSS! It is NOT, you don’t even taste the vinegar, but it compliments the berries and sugar so well.
- The sauce is not necessary, but SOOO good. I serve the sauce in a gravy boat and let people pour as little or as much as they like over the berry salad.
- If you don’t make the sauce, you can serve the salad over vanilla ice cream.
- We have also served this salad over angel food cake or pound cake.
Post a Comment