- Heads and peelings from 5 lbs. of shrimp
- 2 onions, cut in ½
- 1 head of garlic, cut in ½
- 4 celery stalks, cut in ¼
- 1 T. Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- 16 C. cool water
- Place everything in a stock pot
- Boil on medium heat for 2 hours
- Cut heat and allow to cool with cover on for 1 hour
- Strain and now you have stock
Tips and Tricks:
- If you don’t have time to make stock when you are peeling your shrimp for a recipe, you can save them. Place the heads and peelings in a freezable container and fill with water. Freeze until you have time to make the stock.
- I freeze this stock, but it can be used out of the refrigerator for about 2 weeks.