- 1 can of biscuits
- 1 lb. of breakfast sausage
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 C. sour cream
- 1 t. Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning
- 2 C. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 envelope of Peppered Country Gravy Mix
- 2 C. water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the breakfast sausage for 10 minutes or until fully cooked and crumbled.
- Remove from the skillet and allow draining on paper towels.
- Spray a 13” x 9” baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cut the biscuits into fourths and drop into the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the breakfast sausage on top.
- In a bowl, scramble the eggs, sour cream, and Creole seasoning together.
- Pour the eggs in and cover with the cheese.
- In a small sauce pan, make the Country Gravy by combining the packet and the water and whisking over a medium heat for about 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour the gravy over the casserole.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes, or until browned and eggs are set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to set for 5 minutes.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Tips and Tricks:
- I use an immersion blender to scramble the eggs with the milk. They are light and fluffy this way.
- I use Jimmy Dean’s Hot pork sausage, Grands Jr. Flaky Layers Honey Butter biscuits, and Pioneer Country Gravy packet for this recipe.
- I cut this casserole into 16 pieces.