- 3 lbs. of rump or chuck roast
- 1 head of garlic
- 4 T. of butter
- 1 envelope of Lipton Onion soup mix
- 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 can of beef consomme
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt/pepper/Tony Chachere’s/Garlic powder/flour
- Stuff the roast with garlic cloves
- Sprinkle with salt/pepper/Tony Chachere’s/Garlic powder/flour
- In a Dutch oven, on medium high heat, melt the butter and brown the roast on all sides, about 4 minutes per side
- Place soup, soup mix, Worcestershire sauce and water in a crock pot
- Place the roast in the crock pot and cook for 4 - 5 hours on high heat, or 8 – 10 hours on low
Tips and Tricks:
- You can prepare this the night before and let it cook on low for 10 hours.
- It’s ok if the roast has some fat on the edges or even running through it. It gives the roast flavor, but it cooks off and you won’t even see it when it is served.
- You can use any Cream of ….. soup for this recipe.